What Municipalities Need to Understand First!
On April 1, 2017 the Assessment Review Board (ARB) of Ontario introduced new Rules of Practice and Procedure which are in effect for 2017. These rules introduce significant changes to how municipalities will participate in assessment appeals in the future. This webinar will address the first four significant items you need to prepare for.
What You Will Learn:
Who Should Attend:
- Understand the impact and deadlines of the upcoming rule changes
- The AMAC Committee explained and what you need to do
- Delegation of Authority from Council – How and Why
- Communication from the ARB/Tax Consultants/MPAC on appeals – how to control the document flow
- Responses to Statements of Issues – why you should respond, when you should respond and sample forms
Municipal staff responsible for any aspect of assessment appeals.
Benefits of Attending - Participants can expect to:
- Learn what you need to prepare now for the first wave of assessment appeals under the new rules.
- Hear valuable recommendations, insights and tips from seasoned municipal staff
- Gain a solid understanding of the changes that are in place and need-to-know key deadlines
About your Webinar Leaders:
MFOA is pleased to partner with OMTRA.
Maureen Zabiuk, President of OMTRA along with Connie Mesih, Christine Norris and Grace Marsh (all Past Presidents) and active members of the Association, will bring their collective experiences to this webinar.