to View Our Current Exhibitors (Check back often for new additions)
to View Our Session Abstracts (Check back for updates and additions)
to Book your Hotel Accommodations online OR
Call 1-800-461-4393 and identify yourself as a delegate.
Hidden Valley Resort
Call 1-800-465-4171 and identify yourself as a delegate.
Hotel rooms fill up quickly. Please reserve by Wednesday, July 17
to ensure rate availability.
NEW in 2019!
Our room block at Deerhurst Resort includes a selection of two and three bedroom condos with a common living room, dining area and kitchen. A two-person unit contains two bedrooms and two restrooms; a three-person unit contains three bedrooms and three restrooms.
If you are interested in a two or three bedroom condo, and require split billing
, please note the following steps in order to finalize your booking:
1. All names in the unit must be provided to the resort upon initial reservation.
2. Each individual who is in the shared condo must call the reservation telephone line listed below and will be required to provide payment information at this time.
3. Each individual will be provided with their own reservation number.
Please note in past years we have had non-accredited organizations contacting individuals regarding the MFOA Conference. These companies may offer to help book your guest rooms for our conference at a discounted rate. MFOA is not affiliated with any of these groups. Please do not provide them your personal information or credit card details. MFOA has arranged room blocks directly with Deerhurst Resort and Hidden Valley Resort. You can book your room using the online link provided above or by contacting the reservation line directly.
Live Stream Details:
You can now register an individual or a group and attend the conference virtually. NEW in 2019!
This year, our Live Stream registration will include the broadcast of all main (plenary) sessions and all concurrent sessions
. You will have the option to select the concurrent sessions you would like to attend upon registration.
to register for Live Stream.
What Our Members Have Said About the Live Stream Experience:
"Very Convenient for all of us. With this system, I am able to learn while saving travel time and able to be in the office with my colleagues."
- C. Atman, Town of Richmond Hill
"Love this idea - I am remote and it is difficult for me to take the time or have the expense of traveling."
- B. Coulson, Town of Atikokan
Continuing Professional Development (CPD):
The MFOA Annual Conference 2019 qualifies for over 16*
verifiable CPD credits. Simply request your certificate after the conference by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*For delegates who register to attend the full 3 day conference in person + Tuesday workshop
*Delegates who attend via Live Stream can qualify for up to 7.25 CPD credits
NEW in 2019! Wednesday Discussion Forum
You asked for more time on the conference agenda for Discussion Forums, and we responded! Benefit from the additional opportunity to collaborate, discuss, and share ideas with your colleagues. Topics TBC.
Continued in 2019! Thursday Discussion Forum
Engage in meaningful discourse with municipalities in your tier class. Ask questions, share information, and discuss issues affecting your municipality. This is an information discussion designed to benefit you.
- Upper Tier
- Lower Tier
- Single Tier
The Debaters Live With Steve Patterson
Be it resolved that the Debaters Live is heading to Deerhurst Resort for a hilarious night of comics going toe to toe in a battle of laughs and logic and where you - the audience - picks the winner! This special live event, created especially for MFOA, features host Steve Patterson and two of his favourite comics performing stand-up and a hilarious debate, in a format familiar to hundreds of thousands of loyal Canadian fans of the radio show.
Professional Headshot Photo Booth:
Need a new LinkedIn photo? Get your professional headshot taken, courtesy of MFOA's NPN (New Professionals Network) Committee.
The photo booth will be available for a limited time only and on a first come, first served basis.
September 19 from 11:00 AM - 7:30 PM
Outside of the Peninsula Room, in the foyer area
Once again in 2019, MFOA is going mobile! Bring your conference experience to a new level. See more, do more and get more value out of the conference - right from your mobile (tablet or computer) device.
Access the conference schedule, download presentations, connect with delegates & exhibitors, and much more...!
- Get in the Game! Earn points by competing in our third annual 'In It To Win it' mobile site contest for your chance to WIN great prizes! Stay tuned for more details.
Top 5 Reasons to Attend MFOA's Annual Conference:
1. Meet and Learn from the Best - the MFOA conference speakers, attendees, exhibitors and sponsors are at the forefront of the industry. This is a great opportunity to learn about best practices from other professionals that can be applied to your municipality.
2. Network - Make new connections with peers and find out how they are managing common challenges. Meet potential vendors who could help your municipality.
3. Develop - Get equipped with the tools, strategies and actionable insights that can be brought back to your municipality. Explore new ways to engage, learn and connect. Need professional development credits? By attending the MFOA conference, you can gain credits towards your continuing professional development (CPD) certification. Simply request your certificate after the conference.
4. Stay Relevant - If we want to stay relevant in our profession we must embrace, understand and integrate changes, new ideas and best practices to our municipality. There is no better place to learn how to do this successfully than at the MFOA conference.
5. Inspire Your Team - Take what you have learned and share it with your team which in turn will positively affect your municipality’s bottom line.