MFOA's Response to COVID-19 and Resources for Municipalities *Last Updated: September 1, 2020*
Click here for the latest MFOA news
Click here for the latest Provincial and Federal News
- Including registration details for upcoming COVID-19-related webinars including the Discussion Forums by population size
Click here for Municipal Finance Resources
- Includes relevant links to COVID-19 updates
- Includes recent recordings from our COVID-19 webinar series
- Includes sample policies, reports to Council, and by-laws from various municipalities
MFOA's Response to COVID-19
Ensuring the safety of our staff, Board Members, Association Members and speakers is the foremost priority of our leadership team. This priority is guiding our decision making process as respond to the COVID-19.
- MFOA will be rescheduling all training events that were to be held prior to May 1, 2020. This includes all webinars, live streaming and in-person training. Each week we will determine if we need to extend that date and will provide updated communication by the end of day on Mondays. More information can be found on our training homepage.
- Most MFOA staff will be working from home to help flatten the curve. Every staff member has access to emails and phone lines to help support your needs. Visit our Staff Directory for contact information.
New updates on MFOA offices will be found on this page or on Twitter
On August 11, 2020, MFOA submitted its second report on the financial implications of COVID-19 on municipal finances. The second report focuses on a municipal finance officer's perspective on key considerations in the development of a infrastructure stimulus program. Join us on August 13 at 12PM for an interactive discussion to learn more about the paper.
Discussion Forums by Population Size
Collaborate, discuss and engage in meaningful discourse with other similar-sized municipalities. Ask questions, share information and issues affecting your municipality, and gain valuable insights from your colleagues. This is an information discussion forum designed to benefit you. Each forum will be moderated by an MFOA Staff Member. The content to be discussed is driven by the questions, topics and/or concerns you provide to us upon registration.
Your participation during these forums is strongly encouraged.
Forum: Population Size Less than 10,000 @ 10:00 - 11:00AM EST
Click Here to Register
Forum: Population Size 10,000+ @ 2:00 - 3:00PM
Click Here to Register