Research and Policy Committee
The Research and Policy Committee is a committee of MFOA. The Committee is established to provide advice to MFOA staff regarding:
- MFOA policy initiatives;
- Municipal finance research questions;
- Opportunities for partnerships with other organizations conducting research; and
- Potential political sensitivities of research analysis, findings, and recommendations.
- Ensure MFOA led research is relevant to the municipal sector.
- Ensure MFOA led research initiatives are not duplicating efforts of others in Ontario.
- Ensure research findings and recommendations are practical.
- Act as ambassadors for MFOA products and services.
- Committee members must be employed by an MFOA municipality.
- The membership of the Committee shall not exceed 12, excluding MFOA representatives.
- MFOA Executive Director and Manager of Policy are members of the Committee.
- The term for a member is two years.
- The membership reflects the diverse nature of municipalities.
- A minimum of four meetings per year will be held.
- Additional meetings may be called at the recommendation of the Chair.
- Meetings will be held via conference call or online.
- MFOA staff will endeavour to provide members, one week in advance of a meeting, with an agenda and all other supporting documents.
- MFOA will provide all related secretariat support functions.