2018 Photo Contest
Whether you grow it, cook it, eat it, or snap it, Ontario's food is a sight to be seen and we want you to show us! MFOA's 2018 Photo Contest, TasteON: Sharing the Love of Local, is celebrating the art of local Ontario food through your lens. Whether it is a cornfield, grapes from a vineyard, or a fresh apple pie from the local farmers market, show us what food in Ontario means to you. You can choose to submit photos from the categories: Food, Drink, or Other.
To enter the contest:
- Snap a photo or take an existing original photo. Choose that photo using our search function below. Please note that we require a photo that is minimum 1.5MB
- After uploading your photo, select a category that is falls under (Food, Drink, Other)
- Enter your information in the fields. You must identify the municipality (submissions not from your own municipality are welcome but must be within Ontario), Location (i.e. Algonquin National Park), and a short caption (10 words or less)
- Read over our "Rules and Regulations" and click agree
- Now you can submit your photo. You can submit up to three photos for the contest, any other submissions will not be counted
Contest submissions close on June 29. MFOA staff will choose the top 12 photos and MFOA MEMBERS will vote for their favorite photos between July 9 - 31!
The three winners will be announced and showcased at MFOA’s Annual Conference in September. Winners will have their photos framed and receive a free workshop or livestream experience with MFOA.
The 12 finalists will have their photo featured in MFOA's 2019 calendar. The top three winners will receive a framed copy of their photo, as well as these additional prizes:
- First Prize: $319 credit towards MFOA training
- Second Prize: $100 credit towards MFOA training
- Third Prize: $50 credit towards MFOA training
Donations - Your Photo For Feeding Families
As a way to further support local communities, for every photo submitted to our 2018 photo contest, MFOA will donate $10 (to a maximum of $2000) to the Ontario Association of Food Banks