Volunteer to Participate in Our Pilot Asset Management Policy Project! (Now Closed)
The application period for volunteers municipalities is now closed. Chosen participants will be contacted via email in the following weeks. We thank all those that applied.
On May 25, 2017, the Ontario government released the proposed municipal Asset Management regulation, under the Infrastructure for Jobs and Prosperity Act, 2015. The current proposed regulation can be found here. Comments from the public are open on the regulation until July 24, 2017.
As part of the proposed AM regulation, all municipalities are required to adopt strategic AM policies by January 1, 2019 and update them at least every five years from that date. In light of the specific requirements within the proposed AM regulation, MFOA is developing strategic Asset Management policy templates for use by the municipal sector. We are looking for volunteers as case studies for this project.
What You Get: Strategic Asset Management policies tailored to your municipality
What MFOA Gets: The ability to test and refine the generic templates
How to Get Involved: Volunteers must submit a signed Terms of Participation by June 30, 2017. These candidates will be placed in a pool of eligible municipalities and MFOA will pick participants by a modified lottery to ensure all criteria is met. You can download a Terms of Participation below.
Goals of Selection:
- Ensure all "core infrastructure assets" as defined by the regulation are covered. This includes: paved and unpaved roads; bridges; culverts; assets involved in wastewater collection, conveyance, treatment and disposal; urban and rural stormwater systems; and, water treatment, distribution and transmission.
- Size: at least one municipality with a population of less than 10,000; and one municipality with a population greater than 100,000.
- Region: at least one municipality in Northern Ontario.
- Both urban and rural municipalities should be represented.
- Both growing and declining populations should be represented.
If you or your municipality is interested in participating as a volunteer, please download and fill out the application below. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MFOA will provide input on the proposed regulation and these recommendations will be available on the website for members once complete. If you want to provide input on the proposed regulation or for more information, please contact Shira Babins, Manager of Policy, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 416-362-9001 x227.