2017 Annual Conference Highlights
A special thanks to our members, partners, speakers, corporate and annual conference sponsors and exhibitors for making this year's annual conference at Blue Mountain Resort in the Town of The Blue Mountains a great success.
Presentations are now available for download here
If you wish to request a certificate for your Annual Conference CPD credits, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Us Help You: Please fill out the Annual Conference Survey. Your feedback is invaluable to the ongoing improvement of the conference program and special events. Please take a few minutes to complete this survey by end of day on Friday, October 13, 2017.
MFOA Member Award Winners 2017 - Congratulations!
- Rex Murphy’s Keynote Address highlighted the need for us to work together in a rapidly changing, constantly morphing political and economic climate
- Judy Croon’s Closing Keynote Address provided a hilarious and inspirational presentation while exploring seven stress-relieving ingredients
- Derek Edwards, our evening entertainment, provided a riotous evening on homegrown comedy
- Leading edge concurrent sessions that included case studies, tools and templates, and best practices
- Largest Tradeshow with specialists and vendors from across the province
- Networking events throughout the conference
- NEW! LIVE STREAMING – a number of individuals attended the conference virtually
- NEW! TUESDAY WORKSHOPS – over 100 delegates extended their conference and benefited from the additional professional development opportunity
- NEW! MOBILE WEB – over 25% of delegates customized their conference program, accessed session information and materials, connected with the exhibitor experts and networked with their colleagues through the mobile web (while collecting points in the “In It To Win It Contest” to WIN great prizes!)
MFOA Board of Directors and staff would like to recognize outstanding member contributions throughout the year. At this year’s annual conference, we presented these awards to four very special members that have displayed their unwavering commitment to the finance sector and with MFOA.
Congratulations to our Recipients!
- MFOA's 2017 Excellence in Municipal Finance Award:
- Mike St. Amant from the City of Toronto
- MFOA’s 2017 Leadership Award:
- Leanne Brannigan from the Region of Peel
- MFOA’s 2017 Engagement Award:
- Sandy Calandra from the Region of Peel
- Suzanna Dieleman from the Township of Malahide
SAVE THE DATE!
2018 MFOA Annual Conference is Sept 19 - 21, 2018 in Niagara Falls.
Looking forward to seeing you at our next Annual Conference!
Tuesday September 19, 2017
Wednesday September 20, 2017
Thursday September 21, 2017
Friday September 22, 2017