2018 Annual Conference Highlights
A special thanks to our members, partners, speakers, corporate and annual conference sponsors and exhibitors for making this year's annual conference at Sheraton on the Falls, Niagara Falls a great success.
Presentations are now available for download here
If you wish to request a certificate for your Annual Conference CPD credits, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Us Help You: Please fill out the Annual Conference Survey. Your feedback is invaluable to the ongoing improvement of the conference program and special events. Please take a few minutes to complete this survey by end of day on Friday, October 12, 2018.
MFOA Member Award Winners 2018 - Congratulations!
- Gord Hume’s Keynote Address highlighted how you can utilize artificial intelligence and data analytics to develop more resilient cities
- Meg Soper’s Closing Keynote Address provided a hilarious and inspirational presentation on how shifting our perspective and living with balance will help us build resilience
- Second City, our evening entertainment, featured a comedic improvisational theater troupe
- Leading edge concurrent sessions that included case studies, tools and templates, and best practices
- Largest Tradeshow with specialists and vendors from across the province
- Networking events throughout the conference
- LIVE STREAMING – more than 20 individuals attended the conference virtually
- TUESDAY WORKSHOPS – over 50 delegates extended their conference and benefited from the additional professional development opportunity
- MOBILE WEB – over 93% of delegates customized their conference program, accessed session information and materials, connected with the exhibitor experts and networked with their colleagues through the mobile web (while collecting points in the “In It To Win It Contest” to WIN great prizes!)
MFOA Board of Directors and staff would like to recognize outstanding member contributions throughout the year. At this year’s annual conference, we presented these awards to special members that have displayed their unwavering commitment to the finance sector and with MFOA.
Congratulations to our Recipients!
- MFOA's 2018 Excellence in Municipal Finance Award:
- MFOA’s 2018 Leadership Award:
- Stephen VanOfwegen from Region of Peel
- Communities of Practice from City of Stratford, County of Perth, Municipality of North Perth, Township of Perth East, Township of Perth South, Town of St. Marys, and Municipality of West Perth
- MFOA’s 2018 Engagement Award:
- Cindy Laprade from Township of Rideau Lakes
SAVE THE DATE!
2019 MFOA Annual Conference is Sept 18 - 20 at Deerhurst Resort.
Looking forward to seeing you at our next Annual Conference!
Tuesday September 18, 2018
Wednesday September 19, 2018
Thursday September 20, 2018
Friday September 21, 2018
Graphic Recorder Images: